Summary of the book which I felt very relevant and inspiring.
- when ambition is involved, rejection is almost inevitable.
- Over the years, I have learnt not to limit my definition of success to a single option, because I have experienced the power of option B
- If there aren’t times when you feel frustrated, if you don’t feel pushed against the wall, then you are not aiming high enough
- Zoom out. What feels like a big blot today will be a small dot tomorrow.
- tough criticism from the right people is a friend request you should not ignore
- Tough feedback is not necessarily a sign that we are incompetent or disliked; it is often a statement that shows we have a long way to go and that some people are ready to invest their time to help us get there.
- Building a resilient career is not very different from building a robust company. When feedback and criticism send you that friend request, accept it with open arms
Beyond hard work: improve your multiple
The magic is in the doing of simple things repeatedly and long enough to ignite the miracle of the compound effect. - darren hardly
Having clarity and conviction about what you are and what you are not is a potent source of power.
There is no need to do treading or popular things. Standing for something different is a good way to stand out.
Networking-Neki kar aur dariya me dal
Confidence: confront the mirror
- When you change how you see things, what you see changes. Many a time, you don’t need to change your situation; you just need to change how you approach it.
- When you say something from honest and from your heart it reaches to the audience.
- it is good to know your natural game and always play the natural game
Work life balance: get off the see-saw
You can’t have everything and do everything at the same time -Oprah
Work life balance is myth, our work and life are mostly combined. It cannot be balance always in 50-50 ratio. We need to find integration between them. Sometimes if work requires 💯 then go for it later rest and vice versa.
Advisory boards: build your tribe
If you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far, go with others.
Questions to think about and answer.
What’s your natural game?
We need an internal mandate. It helps create purpose.
What are the times at work that have made me deeply unhappy, so miserable that I haven’t found the basic motivation to perform?
Which are the moments in my career that have inspired me?
What I saw myself doing in five, 10 and 20 years?
The skills required to do above and which once you have?